Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Construction workers and tights worn as pants

Been a while huh? I actually have nothing of significance to write in here either, but stumbled across the link and thought I would share more random rubbish I have thought about recently.

*About construction workers. We live in a new suburb right, and so walk past many a construction site on a regular basis and are therefore subjected to the whole wolf-whistling and ever so complimentary hollerings that happens when you are female and happen across a scenario such as this. I've discovered something bizarre. When I walk past, and hear the not-so-sublte shouts and whistles I mutter to myself what pigs they are, I even almost make that "tsk tsk" sound and shake my head to myself. How revolting! What, like they REALLY think we enjoy that? Treating women like some kind of object, I mean honestly!

But....then you walk past sometimes and there's nothing. You wait for it, you wait for it.....but all you hear is the hammering and the saws and the radio blaring. What the hell? Er, hello, did you not see me just now?? *try flicking hair* Nothing. You look down at what you are wearing and think, hey I look alright, I don't get it? *walk a little slower cause almost completley past and still no hollers or whistles* And feel just a little bit indignant about it all.

Go figure hey? Cause then the next time you walk past one and are bombarded with the comments, whistles and stares that make you wish the ground would open up and swallow you, you find yourself cursing them again, thinking how disgusting they are.

*Latest fashion I am not a fan of: tights/leggings worn as pants. Not cool. With long shirt that covers shiny bottom? - that's okay, that's cute even, quite a fan of that. With normal t-shirt that means when walking behind you all I can do is stare at your somewhat see-through leggings knowing exactly what type of undies you are wearing and somewhat transfixed by the movement of your bum cheeks as you walk? - REALLY REALLY NOT OKAY. First few times I saw this I did actually wonder whether at some point during the day, they looked down and went "oh crap, I forgot to put my skirt on!"



Had more irrelevant and uninteresting stuff I was going to ramble on with, but I really ought to do something productive before night shift tonight huh....

No comments:

Post a Comment