Thursday, December 31, 2009

High hopes for 2010...


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Hope everyone had a good night last night, I had a nice quiet night with a very good friend - some drinks after the kids were in bed and a few laughs despite both feeling like our little worlds are falling apart around us. I will not be doing new years resolutions I've decided, they are never a success and it always makes you feel severely inadequate at the end of the year when you realise you've fulfilled none of your goals. I will however say that I hold high hopes for 2010, and that my only "wish" for the coming year is that this time next year I find myself in a much happier place than I am right now. Obviously I have other little plans for "goals" that I hope to achieve but I think I will keep them to myself rather than setting myself up for a fall.

My short term goal for this weekend (which I actually have off - hooray!!) is to complete up to (and including) chapter 10 of this novel. I am about halfway through chapter 8 at the moment so I think that's a pretty realistic goal to set.

Tell you what, my job certainly gives me a massive reality check whenever I rock up there. I arrive feeling somewhat sorry for myself and my current disastrous circumstances, and then I meet the family who have just found out their 4 year old has an inoperable brain tumour, or the little boy who fell off his bike onto the road and lost half his face - and suddenly I am painfully aware of just how great my life is, despite the sadness I feel - my life could be a whole lot worse. And if I can wake up in the morning knowing that my kids are happy and healthy, I have a home to live in, food to eat, clothes to wear and a job to go to then I am doing well.

So, here's to a good year ahead - appreciating what we have, and making the most of the circumstances given to us. :D

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Sandy :) You're a very special lady and I wish you every happiness. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete