Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gym time!

So since the school holidays began I have been rather slack with the whole gym thing I have to confess. I usually go 3-4 times a week, but given recent personal dramas and the juggling of work with kids at home, I basically have not been for about 6 weeks. Whoops. Strangely I have lost weight, but I am certain it is muscle since I definitely feel pudgier than before. But I bit the bullet today and called up to book in for childminding tomorrow (well today) and Thursday morning so no more excuses. I know I'll flog myself first visit back and then the next attempt will be hampered due to my stiff and sore muscles, but that's how I do it, always. Funny thing is, I am always tempted after a break from the gym, to go hard with the exercise DVDs and stuff at home before returning because I feel people are staring at me going "well you can tell SHE hasn't been here for a while", eyeing off my rolls and lumps and bumps. Of course, no one ever does because they are too concerned with their own pudgy bits to notice anything else.

Now I've decided my writing goal for this week is to do one chapter a day till Sunday. I've gotten slack in the last week given all the dramas so I have some catching up to do.

Now - this is rather exciting. I am sitting here at only just after midnight and my eyes are getting so heavy I'm having trouble holding them open and my sentences aren't forming together properly I imagine. So....I believe this may very well be the earliest night I have had in something like 6 weeks! I may start to feel human tomorrow? Best not let myself get carried away, will wait and see what happens when the lights are all out and the mind has time to...think.

Night all. Will pop on tomorrow to share the misery of returning to the gym and suffering from screaming calf muscles and the like. You can hardly wait I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment